Who We Are & What We Do
Who We Are
DASAS is an organization that is dedicated to putting an end to domestic violence and sexual assault in Southwest Michigan. DASAS has been in existence for over twenty five years serving victims and their families in Cass, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties. Our philosophy clearly states our commitment to the survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Domestic vilence and sexual assault services will promote the empowerment of survivors by providing information, resources and advocacy. DASAS will treat survivors with dignity and respect, and will value their right to self-determination. DASAS is committed to improving community systems' response to domestic violence and sexual assault by focusing on enhanced protection, empowerment, and support for survivors and their children, and on increased accountability for abusers. DASAS will lead prevention efforts by providing accurate information on domestic violence and seuxal assault issues to the community, and to youth through school-based initiatives.
DASAS serves residents of Cass, St. Joseph and Van Buren counties, and targets its programs and services to the needs of those communities.
What We Do
SERVICES FOR RESIDENTIAL AND NON-RESIDENTIAL VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
- 24 hour toll free crisis hotline (800) 828-2023
- Outreach to survivors in their own community
- Supportive counseling
- Self assessment guide to assist survivors
- Weekly support groups in various communities and the shelter
- Assistance in obtaining and enforcing a personal protection order
- Legal advocacy and accompaniment to court hearings
- Access to clothing, emergency medical services, financial assistance, transportation and day care
- Information and referral to other services in the community
- Referrals to provide survivors and their families with safe, affordable housing.
- Parenting skills assistance
- Support and education for children who have witnessed domestic violence.
RESIDENTIAL SERVICES FOR VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT
- All services noted above
- 30 day no-cost emergency shelter in a group living setting
- Mother and child(ren) stay in one room
- Child advocate on site assists placing children in school, shelter adjustment and parenting skills
- Secure building with closed circuit monitoring of front and rear entrances
- 24/7 on site staff to listen, answer questions, offer support and provide information